Wednesday, October 25, 2006

No Pics but more Video

So I don't have the pics ready yet from India but I've got a little video clip of some of the things we saw. It is really short but it will give you a little taste at least.

http://joeandjoy.com/india.mov

I've been hoping to totally redesign the website to make it easier for me to update and for you all to find everything but I can't seem to find the time or rather the energy to do it. But we still have 4 days until Egypt so maybe.

I'm currently reading a book called "The 13.5 lives of Captain Bluebear: a novel" found it in India and it is pretty amusing. Not sure if you can find it in the states or not but you might be able to get it online and I highly recommend it. Those of you in santa cruz can borrow it when I get home. The books I've read so far goes like this:
Populaiton 485 - so so book about rural life in Wisconsin... Kristi and Brad might like it
Best Women's Travel writing 2005 (I think) - thanks Brian and Nicole it was great
Norwegien Wood - Japanese author... supposed to be the most widely read book in Japan and I enjoyed it.
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan - given to Joy by Marilyn... she hasn't read it yet but I liked it very much.
Burmese Days - I think George Orwell's first (we all read 1984, I'm sure) It was a pretty interesting book about what life was like in Colonial Burma under British control.
Now on Bluebear...

Ok the video is up so I'm gonna sign off!!!

joe

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need the story behind the elephant...and the bats...eww bats.

I'm still insanely jealous of your trip.

The house blog has been updated just for your reading pleasure. you should put a link to it on your log :)

Anonymous said...

Joe

I agree with Mark......we need to know what's going on with the Elaphants? It was cool tough!!

Dad

Anonymous said...

LOL.... I'm starting to spell like you .....Elephants