Friday, October 27, 2006

New Page

so some of you might have noticed that joeandjoy.com has a new look. It is much easier for me to update when I put new pictures up... speaking of which if you tried to go to the India link it wouldn't have worked until now and it still won't work all the way for awhile... it is uploading as I type and it takes a little while.

Halloween dance tomorrow night... not sure what I'm going to be yet, if anything...

We are now in the Red Sea and yesterday we sailed within 2 miles of Yemen, which we could see out our port. Learning a lot about the history of Egypt, which I, like most of the other countries, knew nothing about.

The third global studies test is tomorrow... plan on taking it but I haven't done all the reading for this one so it might be ugly.

Had a noon intramurl basketball game today... way too hot to be playing basketball at noon on the red sea. It was a good game but we couldn't pull it out at the end. I play with RD Gail and a professor named Michael Pearson. We aren't that bad but we usually get out sized and we have no subs. I think that might have been our last game as we didn't make the next round.
Also played my first volleyball game on the ship last night, was a little dark but still a lot of fun.

*** just had a Deja vu moment, but I can't imagine ever writing about playing volleyball on a ship in the middle of the red sea***

Ok, I'm gonna go now... keep checking the India picture page, should be working sometime today.

http://joeandjoy.com/india/index.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy & Joe,

I'm not sure everyone looking at all your great pictures Joe realize the time and effort that goes into putting them on your website. We really appreciate all the work you and Joy do to share your amazing trip with us. Love you......Dad (Cary)

Anonymous said...

Hey there faraway friends,

I'm just catching up on your adventures for this month and WOW ... just WOW. It's like having a decade's worth of adventures in a few months. Thanks so much for sharing. I was particularly touched by your adventures in Myanmar.

Miss you lots,
Alex

Anonymous said...

HI JOE
I LOOK EVERYDAY FOR PICTURES. CAN'T GET THE INDIA ONES TO COME UP YET, AND WHEN I TRY TO GET THE MOVIES MY COMPUTER FREEZES.
SO I'M MISSING OUT ON THOSE.
JOYS DESCRIPTION OF YOUR TRIP IN INDIA WAS GREAT.
I'M GLAD YOU HAD A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
LOVE MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
Thank you so much for your fantastic pictures of India! Your pictures and comments always make me feel like I've been on the trip with you. You are a wizard!
Love to you and Joy,
Karen and Mom :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
Thank you so much for your fantastic pictures of India! Your pictures and comments always make me feel like I've been on the trip with you. You are a wizard!
Love to you and Joy,
Karen and Mom :)