Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Konichiwa from Japan

Hello folks... sitting in a tourist office in Kyoto Japan...
we just took our first bullet train to get here and it was super smooth and yes very fast.

Not much time but wanted to just give a brief update. Japan is very nice so far, though we have a little rain. We went to a baseball game last night which was very neat (minus the drunk students) Now we are in Kyoto which is highly recommended for its shrines and temples and we hope to go to Fuji San from here.

now a word from Joy...
It is amazing being in Japan. I am actually enjoying the challenge of attempting to communicate and get around... it makes for an interesting day! Everything in Japan is so colorful and beautifully displayed. My friend Gail and I are enjoying purchasing random items out of the ample vending machines and discovering new tastes and treats! We are going to stay in a traditional Japanese Inn (ryokan) this evening and explore the temples and shrines around Kyoto.
Gotta go explore!
p.s. If anyone wants (please?) to send us real mail, the list of ports is on our joeandjoy.com page. You just have to make sure you send your letters at least 2 weeks in advance.
BYE!

Joe again... a couple of side notes... if you sent me an email, I probably didn`t respond but most of the work questions that were asked I say GREAT to (laundry, reccomendation)
Maybe if there is time later on this week I will be able to respond better.

Have a great move in everyone and I hear the Crown RAs are just rocking it... so keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

hi joe and joy
i'm writing from stoughton.
Watched Ben's game, they played well but didnt't win.
Lots of mosquitoes
I love your blog, you guys are great at relaying you adventures.
love to you both
mom