Monday, November 13, 2006

ahhhh Internet

Hey Kids... sorry if you have been going thru withdrawls without any updates but we were pretty darn busy in Turkey and then had no internet access for a few days... sorry!!!

Turkey was ... very ROMAN... at least for us. We did a big trip that took us to many amazing ancient Roman sites... good times!

Trying very hard to get all these pics up but it is a challenge... but you can now go see the pics from Alexandria.

http://joeandjoy.com/alex/index.html

and I'm gonna work on the Cairo ones... but there are a ton of those and a ton from Turkey... oh man ... plus we are in Croatia tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd to last country... very crazy.

Oh and something I will write about briefly is my trip to a soccer game the last night in Istanbul... wow... we had passed the stadium on a walk around town and noticed that it looked like they were getting ready for a game so we asked around and found out that there was one that night at 7. We continued our walk and headed back to the stadium around 6:30... you could feel the energy in the air. It was right out of the news... 12 soccer fans get trampled to death at a soccer game in Brazil... I was with Joy and Kate and they did not feel to comfortable with all the testosterone and I even felt a little unnerved by it. We had decided not to go in and were walking up the hill to a space where you could watch from the road, when I realized I might not get another shot like this so I decided I would go in and go to the top of the stands where there wasn't many folks. It was AMAZING! The crowd was singing the whole time. I unfortunately had to leave with 15 min still left to play because there was thick tension in the air. The home team was down 0-1 and they were clearly the better team, so the crowd was very anxious for a goal. Wish I had some pictures but I decided it would be a bad move to bring my camera in.

ok... more later...

joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
I e-mailed Joy earlier - we are so happy to hear from you guys!! I was starting to go a little nuts.
As usual, your pictures of Alexandria are super! Man, the Meditteranian Sea is a BEAUTIFUL blue! The street shots are wonderful - thank you so much for your artistic picture shows.
Enjoy your last two ports!!
Love and hugs, Karen and Mom :)

Alex B said...

I think Alexandria would be my favorite place... if just for the name. I can't believe y'all will be back soon. Travel safely!! xxoo